Sunday, October 23, 2011

A little thought on humility

Last week or so my priest had mentioned how we often pray for certain attributes.  Though we might not "get" those attributes we are given situations in which to exercise the development of the virtue.  It is up to us recognize the situation.  Well  my Intermediate Microeconomics class test wasn't what I had hoped for.  I got a 56% on the test.  The class average was apparently 54, and the median less than that!  Though I didn't get what I wanted I did better than most apparently.  I'm not glad people did worse than me, but this is a distinct situation in which my priest mentioned that we may pray for humility but get a bad grade let us practice humility.  Well, now I need to turn this around and use this to work for that diligence, insight, wisdom, and fortitude I often pray for.

En nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

No comments:

Post a Comment